WHAT WE BELIEVE
THE BIBLE: Fully inspired by God and the final authority in all matters of Christian life and doctrine (II Tim. 3:15-17; John 17:17; I Thes 2:13; II Pet. 1:20-21)
GOD: The Trinity in unity, revealed as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (John 1:1, 14; Isaiah 44:6 with Rev 1:17-18; Acts 5:3-4; John 3:6 with I John 5:4; I Cor 6:19 with II Cor 6:16)
JESUS CHRIST: In whose person, by incarnation, true Deity and perfect humanity have been united. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension, return in the air for His people, and His visible return to the earth to establish His kingdom (Mat. 1:23; Heb. 4:15; I Cor 15:3-4; Acts 1:9-11; Matt. 24:29-31)
MAN: Created originally in God’s image and likeness, but since involved in Adam’s transgression, and now by nature and practice a sinner, alienated from God and subject to death and eternal judgment (Gen. 1:26-27; Rom. 5:12; Rom. 3:19, 23; 6:23; Matt. 25:46)
THE CROSS: Where God’s righteousness and love were displayed in the death of His Son; where Christ died for sinners and made possible a free offer of salvation to all who will believe in Him (John 3:16; Col. 2:13-15)
RESURRECTION: Of the believer to everlasting life and glory, but the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal punishment (I Cor 15:42-44; Phil. 3:21)
THE CHURCH: A spiritual body composed of all true believers; the dwelling place of God through the Spirit, whose members gather together under the headship of Christ for worship, prayer, ministry, and fellowship; supporting and encouraging missions, evangelism, and Christian growth.
BIBLE STUDY INFORMATION
- We meet at Seminole First Baptist Church; 11045 Park Blvd; Seminole, FL on Thursdays, 9:25-11:00 am
- We have an open prayer room with a leader each week between 9:10-9:20.
- Our schedule usually coincides with the Pinellas County Schools’ schedule, September-May.
- This study is for women only.
- We offer childcare.
- Our study is made of women from all faiths and denominations.
- Each week, we meet first in small groups to discuss study questions, and then we gather together for a lecture, wrapping up what we’ve studied.
- After the lecture, study questions for the next week are given which are designed to help us focus on the Word of God and make us think and study deeper.
- We encourage you to answer the questions in your own words and do your best to complete them every week.
- If you have to miss a week your leader will send the questions to you, get them from your leader the week